eLearning Conferences /Workshops
Education Tech Summit June 2013
One of the Speakers for Education Tech Summi, held in New Delhi during 21-22 June 2013. My topic was 'Social Media in Education’ and the slides can be accessed by visiting http://bit.ly/1a6t3sl.
The post event report of Education Tech Summit can be accessed by clicking here.
The post event report comprises brief summary of interesting topics from eminent speakers.
My interactions (questioning, social, presenting) at Education Tech Summit in New Delhi (21-22 June) can be viewed by clicking here.
Acted as one of the judges for
- DMSC Governor's Challenge SP 09 Judge organized by Tennessee State University (where nearly 18 US Universities had participated) during June-July 2009
- ‘AXONS 2010’ organized by Punjab Association’s Anna Adarsh College for Women. Chennai, India. AXONS 2010 is an Inter-Collegiate Technical Extravaganza organized by MCA Department, Anna Adarsh College for Women
International Conferences / Workshops where Advisor2U participated as key-note presenter:
Pre -International Conference eLearning Workshop-1
Conducted a pre-conference workshop titled ‘7-Steps to Implementing a Sustainable Virtual Learning Environment in Higher Education’ in the International Conference on Management Technology for Educational Practices (MTEP) at Bangalore, India on 28th July 2009
(Sponsored by www.ecoleglobal.com)
National Level eLearning Workshop for Higher Education & Corporate Sectors
Conducted an E-Learning Workshop on 14th Nov, 2009 in Bangalore, India, demonstrating various features of software TeN-iLMS.
National Level Seminars for Higher Education Sector
- Attended the Seminar, ‘Role of Education in Modern India’ at Constitution Club, New Delhi on 30th Oct 2012.
- Invited as one of the speakers for National Level Faculty Development Program on Experiential Learning in Higher Education: An Innovative Approach’ at VIT, Chennai (www.vit.ac.in) on 13th Nov. 2010. For details click here.
- Invited as one of the speakers by a Premier Management Institution (Eswari Engineering College, Management Studies) in Chennai for the National Level Seminar on “The Significance of Social Marketing in India" on 2nd Sept. 2010. The presentation I used can be accessed by clicking here.
Resource Person for Higher Education Sector
- Acted as a Resource Person ( 28th Aug 2010) for the Dept. of Computer Science & Computer Applications, Annai Violet Arts & Science College on the topic of ‘Blended Mode of Learning through Educational Technology’
- Participated as Resource Person (2nd & 3rd Dec, 2009) in a workshop titled ‘WORKSHOP ON CURRICULUM DESIGNING AND EVALUATION FOR AUTONOMOUS COLLEGES’ organized by Center for Educational Research, MKUniversity, India, at V.V.V.College for Women (Autonomous) to explain the following topics:
a. Concept Map as the Basis for Curriculum Development
b. Curriculum Development Models
The entire details of workshop can be accessed by clicking here.
- Gave an Interactive Presentation on ‘Role of IT for Banking Applications’ at Jaya Arts & Science College, Chennai during March 2008
International Conferences USA, Canada & Europe where Advisor2U published her papers:
1. International Conference organized by SITE-USA at Albuquerque
2. International Conference organized by ED- MEDIA-USA at Montreal, Canada
My ELearning Project at SITE, International Conference at Albuquerque, USA
Advisor2U was asked to Chair some of the presentations organized by ED- MEDIA-USA at Montreal, Canada
3. International Conference organized by IADIS at Malta
http://www.iadis.net/dl/Search_list_open.asp?code=2017 (membership is required to view full papers, but abstract can be seen)
Participation in International Conferences organized in India
- Presented a paper titled ‘ Interactive, Involving Modular Instructional Design (ID) for the Disadvantaged Learners’ at International Symposium on Instructional Designing for the Life Long Learning of the Disadvantaged Learners organized by Centre for Educational Research & Directorate of Distance Education, M.K.University held on 25-26 March, 2009
- My paper titled ‘Information through Broadband/Wireless Communication Technology: A Boon to Mankind’ was selected for presentation at the International Conference organized by SETRAD (Society for Educational Technology, Research & Development), Dept. of Educational Technology, Bharathidasan University, Trichy
- Presented a paper titled ‘Interactive Multimedia Software to Enhance Teaching & Learning of Physics’ in the International Conference on Quality Improvement in Educational Systems organized by SETRAD (Society for Educational Technology, Research & Development), Dept. of Educational Technology, Bharathidasan University, Trichy on 22-23 Feb, 2003
Participation in National Conferences
- Presented a paper titled ‘ Technological Innovations and Higher Education in 21st Century – Interactive Quiz Program using Power Point’ in National Seminar on Higher Education in 21st Century organized by Dept. of Education, University of Madras.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Educational Technology for New Millennium’ in the National Conference on ‘ETECH 2005’ organized by N.K.T.National College of Education for Women, Chennai on 18-19 Aug, 2005
Publications in Journals
Published a paper titled
- UNESCO IIEP Forum on Open Educational Resources- A Participant’s Report in Experiments in Education, P 244, Dec. 2005
- ‘Curriculum Development for Interdisciplinary Courses through Concept Mapping’ in Experiments in Education, P 222, Dec 2002
- ‘Various Models in Particle Physics through Concept Mapping’ in Experiments in Education, P 108, Sept. 2001
CFHE12 : Current Future Higher Education 12
A networked based activity to discuss the Current Future state of Higher Education 12 was organized for 6 weeks by AACE and others.
The activity of first week is depicted in the concept map shown in PDF file.
CFHE12 - Week 1.pdf